Authoring Action, Winston-Salem, NC
Authoring Action seeks a highly-motivated, experienced, and people-centered Development
Associate with top-notch writing skills to support organizational fundraising, revenue and
donor development, and support of data management for our 20 year non-profit.
Who We Are:
Authoring Action is an arts and education organization developing teen authors ages 12-18,
educating educators in the Authoring Action Creative writing process, and providing
outreach engagements in the community and beyond.
Authoring Action’s mission
To transform the lives of youth and their community through the power of creative writing,
spoken word, visual and media arts, and leadership education.
Teen authors address global issues in local and national forums to advocate for social change.
Our teens author their own lives as they learn to think critically, present confidently and express
themselves dynamically through creative writing, oral presentation, filmmaking, design and
The Development Associate will engage in grant writing, donor development, fundraising
events, and the development of revenue stream opportunities to promote the educational
workshops to teach the Authoring Action writing process. Effective candidates will be
organized, detail-oriented, and skilled writers. Responsibilities include:
• Write compelling and competitive grant applications for community and family
foundation funders. Manage the grant application process, including researching
new opportunities, tracking timelines, and submitting reports.
• Develop and send donor-centric fundraising and cultivation of communications to
members and major donors.
• Lead corporate sponsorship outreach for key Fundraising events.
• Work with a team to meet organizational revenue goals for major donors, corporate
sponsors, and foundations.
• Support the management of Authoring Action’s donor database to track donor
information and manage stewardship.
• Identify and connect with new prospective donors through research, outreach, and
We are looking for you, if:
• You are a polished writer, with experience writing impactful donor-centric
communications and grant applications.
• You are organized and detail-oriented, with the flexibility to manage multiple
• You are passionate about the importance of developing youth voices.
• You share Authoring Action’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion and are
committed to working thoughtfully and sensitively with a wide range of people.
• You have a minimum of five years of experience working in
This is a part-time position for 20 hours a week with the potential for additional hours as
funding becomes available. The salary range is $27,000 - $35,000/annually, commensurate
with experience. Benefits include paid time off, and a flexible work schedule. Authoring
Action offers some flexibility on working location, with an expectation that at least half of
working hours take place in our Winston-Salem-based office.
Submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why this opportunity is exciting to you to
email@example.com. Please reference “Development Associate” in the subject line.
The deadline to apply is April 14th. Authoring Action is a progressive workplace and an
equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds