- Tue, May 31Paul J Ciener Botanical GardensJoin us as AFP members Christine Byrd with Habitat for Humanity of Greater Greensboro, Ashley Raper with Guilford College, and Stephanie Mudd with Novant Health Foundation share their insights, knowledge, and expertise with online fundraising. This will be a panel discussion followed by a Q & A.
- Thu, Jun 09The Community Foundation of Greater GSOJoin Kelsey DeForest as your moderator and her panel of LGBTQ Fundraising Professionals.
- Tue, Jun 28Paul J Ciener Botanical GardensThe ideals of Inclusion, Equity, Diversity and Access are often described as a moral obligation. However, in our ever-changing world these ideals have become an imperative, especially for non-profits. But where do we begin the hard and sometimes messy work?
- Tue, Jul 26Paul J Ciener Botanical GardensTaryn Gold from AFP Global, VP of Chapter Engagement with AFP Global will present on the Women’s Impact Initiative, covering the issues of gender inequity in the fundraising profession and charitable sector, including sexual harassment, salary inequality, and the lack of women in senior leadership.
- Thu, Aug 11The Community Foundation of Greater GSOJoin AFP’s Senior Director of Business Development, Chris Amos, as he moderates a panel of some big name nonprofit sponsors to find out what sponsors are really looking for in partner organizations. Learn how to do your research, approach and follow up to secure long lasting mutually beneficial part
- Tue, Aug 30Paul J Ciener Botanical GardensMichelle Schneider, VP & Chief Philanthropy Officer at Cone Health – and winner of AFP Triad’s 2021 Outstanding Fundraising Professional -- will present on finding the sweet spot of balance when you’re juggling donor relations, events, and keeping up with all the information in the back office.
- Thu, Sep 08The Community Foundation of Greater GSOAnthony Alonso is one of the nation’s leading fundraising consultants with over three decades of expertise.
- Thu, Oct 13The Community Foundation of Greater GSONonprofits often complain that live fundraising events take too much time and too many resources to produce. They are frustrated by their boards’ lack of participation and the difficulties they face selling tickets and sponsorships. They feel the ROI just isn’t worth it.
- Tue, Oct 25Paul J Ciener Botanical GardensJoin us in October for AFP’s Ethics Awareness Month. AFP members Laurie Weaver and Lucia Higgins will lead our discussion on donor confidentiality and the problems associated with tainted money (what is it and how do you protect your organization).
- Thu, Nov 10The Community Foundation of Greater GSOIf there is a capital campaign in your future, this session is for you! A capital campaign is likely the largest amount your organization has ever tried to raise… often even 10 times more than you currently raise.
- Mon, Nov 21Location is TBDSave the date and make plans now to join us for National Philanthropy Day 2022 where AFP recognizes outstanding individuals, businesses, and organizations from across the Triad who have made significant philanthropic contributions of their time and money to “Change the Triad with a Giving Heart!”
- Thu, Dec 08The Community Foundation of Greater GSOSelf-care has been defined as "being responsible to yourself." It has also been defined as "something that refuels us, rather than takes from us." In this session we will look at the different elements of self-care and discuss practical steps to think about it more mindfully.
2021 National Philanthropy Day Honorees!
Lifetime Achievement in Philanthropy
Outstanding Fundraising Professional
“AFP membership has provided a foundation of ethical resources and best practices on which our fundraising team has built a dynamic program of support.”
— Paul J. Russ, MFA, CFRE
Vice President of Marketing & Development, AuthoraCare Collective
Each year, AFP awards scholarships for one Professional Membership and one Young Professional Membership to a fundraiser in the Triad region who hasn’t yet experienced AFP. Applicants must be sponsored by a current AFP member and complete the annual application by the posted deadline. Please note that current members may only sponsor one scholarship applicant per year.
When you join AFP you gain access to our local and global mentoring program. Whether you’re a seasoned fundraising professional who wants to help newcomers to the profession or a young professional just starting your fundraising career, AFP’s mentoring program provides an incredible opportunity to grow your network, knowledge, and confidence.