Winston-Salem State University Foundation
Winston-Salem State University Foundation seeks a passionate, dedicated, and motivated leader to serve as Chief Operating Officer. This position is a member of the Foundation’s senior leadership team and reports to the Foundation Executive Director.
The WSSU Foundation COO is responsible for the overall financial management, business operations and staff performance of the WSSU Foundation. This role works closely with the ED and leadership team to determine strategies to best fulfill the organization's mission.
The work of the COO falls into three main categories:
-Leadership & Management
· Bachelor’s degree, accounting, operations or business management preferred.
· A minimum of seven years of professional experience in operations and management
· Depth of experience in managing teams, supporting cross-functional collaboration, developing staff, and setting clear goals
· Experience in nonprofit financial management (accounting, budgeting, risk management, control reporting) for a complex organization with multiple funding sources with diverse program areas
Skills and Qualities:
· Knowledge of GASB accounting, including fund and grant accounting, compliance and reporting
· Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
· Thoughtful decision-maker and strategic delegator
· Influential and collaborative leader committed to creating a culture of transparency, inclusion and success
WSSU Foundation has retained Capital Development Services (CapDev) to conduct a search for this position. Candidates should include a cover letter and a resume. All material will be kept confidential.
Application materials will be reviewed as received; we encourage applicants to apply no later than September 15, 2023.
For more details and how to apply, please visit: